Press play to take a look inside the Beginner’s Master Class
Starting from Scratch Lessons:
These two lessons will walk you through everything you’ll need to get started. Both lessons are pre-recorded so you can use them as much as you need before our first live lesson.
Week 1 (May 11th @ 8pm EST)
Practicing with the metronome is a key piece to getting better at playing with others and developing confident timing. This week, I’ll show you how to incorporate using the metronome in your practice.
- Wearing picks + right hand position
- Rolls (picking patterns)
- Metronomes: Why?, How? and When?
Week 2 (May 18th @ 8pm EST)
Learn a simple formula for playing chords in any key so you can play chords at jam sessions.
- Nashville Number System and I IV V chords (All the theory you need to know)
- How to find your I IV V chords
- Playing the chords of “Will the Circle Be Unbroken” in 2 different keys
Week 3 (May 25th @ 8pm EST)
The pentatonic scale is a simple 5-note scale present in all vocal tunes. Developing your awareness of it will help you learn melodies faster!
- The pentatonic scale and dissecting vocal melodies
- Two essential scale shapes (open and closed positions)
- Where do the melody and chords intersect and how can I apply them to the songs I want to learn?
- “Will the Circle Be Unbroken” melody using pentatonic scales
Week 4 (June 1st @ 8pm EST)
We’ve learned a lot the past 4 weeks, so how do we organize it into the most efficient and effective practice routine?
- What’s next? How to keep making progress from here
- BONUS tunes to learn using the Listen & Learn method
- Practice Routine Guide: Step-by-step map
- Active Listening Study Course
- Four hour-long live weekly video lessons (these will be recorded so you can watch, pause and rewind anytime.)
- Two ‘Starting from Scratch beginner videos
- 4 Bonus ‘Essentials’ videos
- One month of free premium membership to Banjo By Ear and the private Facebook community for extra support along the way.
One you purchase BMC you’ll be sent an email with details on how to access the live calls and supplemental videos.
The Banjo By Ear membership is an online library of lessons in theory, technique, repertoire, and beginner skills, plus rhythm tracks with slow and fast versions. It also comes with a member’s-only Facebook community where you can watch live practice sessions, ask questions, get feedback, share progress and connect with other pickers. It’s a valuable resource with tons of great support already there to help you. 1 month of free premium access to the BBE site comes with your purchase of the Beginner’s Master Class. From there it’s only $4.99/month or $15.99/month, depending on your membership level, if you’d like to continue.
Yes! Just a one-time purchase and you’ll have access to all the course materials forever.
Yes! You get $10 off any Master Class. If you don’t already have the code just email email@example.com and I’ll send it over.
Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!